Center City Kehillah mission statement:
The Center City Kehillah is a network of communities representing the diversity of Jewish life in urban Philadelphia. As a hub for Jewish life, we strengthen individual and communal connections by creating both accessible entry points and in-depth opportunities to grow. Our participating organizations include synagogues and congregations; cultural, educational, and social justice institutions; and nonprofit initiatives.
We understand that our Center City Kehillah organizations range in size, financial capacity, and volunteer resources. If your organization is interested in being involved in building Jewish community across organizational affiliation, please join this network as a participating organization! Participating Organizations agree to uphold our mission statement (see above) and are approved under the guidance of the steering team.
Center City Kehillah Participating Organizations:
- Will contribute from $360 for the year. All organizations are encouraged to contribute at this level if they are able, though smaller contributions will be welcomed to accommodate organizations’ differing capacities. Please consult with Miriam and the steering team if alternative arrangements are needed.
- Will be listed in our online directory as a Participating Organization.
- Are located in Center City, and a majority of their time, energy, presence, and constituents are devoted to the Center City Jewish community (defined as including South Philly, West Philly, Germantown, and Chestnut Hill).
- Organizations that may be located outside Center City and/or that serve constituents who are not residents of Center City are welcome to be involved. These partnerships are evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Will be listed as a sponsor of Center City Kehillah events, unless an organization chooses to opt out for a particular event.
- Commit to the following:
- Build relationships with staff, clergy, and lay leaders from other Center City Kehillah organizations.
- Refer constituents to other organizations, as appropriate.
- Contribute energy and resources to planning and promoting Kehillah-sponsored events.
- Attend monthly meetings and encourage rabbinic participation in clergy meetings.
- Get involved in working groups, event committees, and/or steering team.
To become a participating organization, you agree to these guidelines and are approved under the guidance of the steering team. Contact us for more information or to get involved.